VGPR in short
Region Västra Götaland has decided to continue its regional Production Rebate (VGPR) for Film and TV-drama into the year 2020. The budget allocated is six million SEK. The rebate covers both shoot and post in the region.
The regional Production Rebate provides incentives for production of Film or TV-drama with a rebate of 30 % of eligible production costs incurred in Västra Götaland (spend). The production rebate is limited to established production companies within the audiovisual sector in EU (that has produced at least one distributed film or TV-drama within the last three years).
If the applicant is a producer not operating in Sweden, the production must have a Swedish co-producer with a mandate to apply for and receive the funds, and to manage execution of the production in Västra Götaland. VGPR cannot be combined with investment from Film i Väst’s regular co-production funding.
TO NOTE: No more applications 2020. The decision regarding VGPR shall be confirmed with a decision letter from Film i Väst within 20 working days from the end of deadline.
For international producers
- First, read the Regulations VGPR.
- Go further to the Instructions VGPR.
- When it comes to the application for an international production the production must have a Swedish co-producer who can guide the producer throughout the rest of the application forms (application, Cultural test and other documents specified in both the Regulations and the Instructions).
- The Swedish co-producer will then send the completed application with the requested appendices to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For specified information, please contact CFO Katarina Krave, email@example.com