Six of Film i Väst’s co-productions are selected for the film festival in Karlovy Vary. The co-productions are all post produced in west Sweden, in region Västra Götaland, with the exception of Johannes Nyholm’s Koko-di Koko-da which also was shot here.
- Jim Jarmusch’s zombie comedy The Dead Don’t Die opened the film festival in Cannes.
- Hlynur Pálmason’s A White, White Day was shown in Semaine de la Critique in Cannes.
- Carlos Reygada’s Nuestro Tiempo was nominated for a Golden Lion in Venice and was also shown in San Sebastian and Toronto last year.
- Syllas Tzoumerka’s The Miracle of the Sargasso Sea had it’s premiere at the Berlinale.
- Johannes Nyholms Koko-di Koko-da competed in Sundance, Rotterdam and Göteborg.
- Alejandro Landes Monos opened at the Berlinale and won World Cinema Dramatic Special Jury Award in Sundance