Film i Väst’s co-production The Kindness of Stranger by Danish director Lone Scherfig is to open the 69th Berlin International Film Festival on February 7th. Also in international competition is Hans Petter Moland’s Out Stealing Horses.
– Film i Väst has a strong line-up at the Berlinale, with seven co-productions represented in three different sections. It is the first year that one our films opens the festival and we are happy to be a part of Lone Scherfigs excellent drama. Three films are shot in our region, in Västra Götaland on the Swedish west coast, among them Hans Petter Moland’s Out Stealing Horses. We are proud to be the leading film region in Sweden, Peter Possne, Head of Production says.
Here are the Film i Väst co-productions at the Berlinale 2019:
- Lone Scherfig, The Kindness of Stranger, starring Zoe Kazan, Tahar Rahim, Andrea Riseborough, Caleb Landry Jones, Jay Baruchel, Bill Nighy
- Hans Petter Moland, Out Stealing Horses, starring Stellan Skarsgård, Tobias Santelmann, Bjørn Floberg, Danica Curcic
- Alejandro Landes, Monos starring Julianne Nicholson, Moisés Árias, Sofia Buenaventura, Julián Giraldo, Karen Quintero.
- Syllas Tzoumerkas, The Miracle of the Sargasso Sea starring Angeliki Papoulia, Youla Boudali, Christos Passalis, Argyris Xafis, Thanasis Dovris
- Gabriel Mascaro, Divino Amor(Divine Love) starring Dira Paes, Julio Machado, Teca Pereira, Emilio de Mello.
- Carl Javér, Rekonstruktion Utøya (Reconstructing Utøya). Documental form, Out of competition.
- Jon Holmberg, Sune vs Sune, starring Elis Gerdt, Sissela Benn, Fredrik Hallgren, Tea Stjärne, Baxter Renman